[openbeos-midi] Re: 2nd Beta MidiPlayer

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 20:08:22 +0000

>I haven't CVS account who can create one for me=3F

Recently Michael Phipps announced on the OBOS main mailing list,
that the team leader has to send him the necessary informations.
So it's Pauls task.

>Ok now BMidiSynthFile is in the input and the output.
>But sorry the BeBook said at BMidiSynth page :
>
>The one thing you shouldn't do is connect a BMidiFile to a BMidiSynth.
>If you want to realize the contents of a MIDI file, you should use an
>instance of BMidiSynthFile instead (BMidiSynthFile is derived from
>BMidiSynth).

I believe it works if you put a delay filter between the BMidiFile and
BMidiSynth,
that sprays incoming events when the performance time has reached.
The MidiDelay class that I wrote for the test app midi_player does exactly
this (see midi_kit/source/tests/midi_player).

BTW the filter should make the connection thing easier:

MIDI Input 1
MIDI Input 2  ---> MidiDelay --> MIDI Output 1, 2, ... m
MIDI Input n

This means you have to connect an input only to the filter and not to
m MIDI outputs or vice versa.

>> - wave form display
>I have some idea of view but you can help me to do some

The BMidiSynth (BSynth::GetAudio()) provides the data, please
see Scope.cpp in MidiSynth source code http://www.bebits.com/app/570
although this app is GPL and as I am the author, you have my permission
to reuse the code under MIT license if required.

- Michael