[open-beos-printing] Fwd: Re: [beusertalk] PDF Writer for PPC [Was: PPC / Intel Differences?]

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: open-beos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:33:48 +0000

Hi

Tonypaul has tested PDF Writer / PDFlib for PPC and has
encountered some problems.

I have uploaded the files that were attached:
http://bepdf.sf.net/download/pdf/PDFWriter-ppc-native.zip
http://bepdf.sf.net/download/pdf/pdflib-4.0.1-ppc.native-beos.zip

- Michael

>Michael,
>
>I have dl'd and tested PDFWriter / PDFlib on my PPC - unfortunatley I
>got some bad / dubious results.  Files and screenshots and debug output
>are enclosed from a (repeatable) attempt to print out a local (on my
>hard drive) web page.
>I also re-did new proj files for a Native PPC build, and renamed the
>original PPC proj files with "xc" (for "cross compile").
>I also updated the readme to reflect native PPC vs. cross-compiled ppc.
>
>Let me know if you want anything more for debugging / testing purposes.
>
>tpaul
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I have cross compiled pdflib and PDF Writer to PPC.
>>The Metrowerks compiler does not seem to accept
>>the old C function parameter declaration style, so
>>I had to make some changes to the pdlib.
>>
>>Source code diff and BeIDE project files for pdflib
>>are here:
>>http://bepdf.sf.net/download/pdflib-4.0.1.ppc.zip (226KB)
>>
>>PDF Writer source code and the compiled libraries
>>are here:
>>http://bepdf.sf.net/download/PDFWriter.ppc.zip (350KB)
>>The install script should work. Anybody want to
>>test it?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Michael
>>

>Sig: We're trying out this new system - let us know if you don't get this
>email,
>tony and nancy
>tonypaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- Type: application/zip
-- File: PDFWriter-ppc-native.zip

-- Type: application/x-be_attribute
-- File: For BeOS Use Only

-- Type: application/zip
-- File: pdflib-4.0.1-ppc.native-beos.zip