[ola] Re: Fun Activities that came about organically - progression...

Love it Ashley!! Thanks for sharing!! What I wanted to share goes along with
what Ashley was saying. This was a 'lesson' that the two 'teachers for the day'
(Spanish II students) came up with. I wanted to share the progression they did:

1. The pre-homework was to research problems and solutions in the Amazon (I
think it was 3 of each)
2. In class the next day, the 'teachers' first of all had students move to new
positions using actions.
3. They then presented new vocabulary associated with the Amazon and the class
came up with actions for all of the words. (There were about 10)
3.  The teachers put the class in groups of 3 and they had to share out the
homework and take notes from what others in the group said.
4.  They brought the whole class back together and on the board made lists of
problems and solutions. (They stopped here, but I can see about a billion
possibilities for where this could organically go...)
5. After discussing as a class the solutions and problems (students were
agreeing, or disagreeing, or offering other solutions), then they had students
get in groups of 2.
6.  They gave each group a picture from the Amazon and they had to describe it
to the other person. The other person had to draw the description, and then
they compared after to see how close they had gotten.
(I can also see how this could lead to other things..Ashleys activity for
example, or creating a story around the picture, or associating the pictures
back to the solutions & problemas previously mentioned, or having pictures that
represented the solutions or problems and starting with that as an intro to
spark thought...so many possibilities)

While not all lessons were this connected and cohesive, I thought it was a neat
progression that represented what Nanosh was talking about earlier with having
a common 'thread' that weaves through the class period & acts.

Abrazos!
-d :)