[obos-qa] New Release

  • From: "Andrew Gildehaus" <agildehaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obos-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:21:22 GMT

This is very short notice, I know, but the team wants to make a release
on the anniversary of OBOS (August 18th).  I've posted a build here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~agildehaus/distro.zip (3.5 MB)

If you're not sure what to do with this, don't worry.  Documentation is
definately something I'm working on =3D)

Included are builds of many of the utilities you'd find in /bin, many
preference apps (some work only with the OpenBeOS libs), a build of
OpenTracker, the input=5Fserver, the print=5Fserver, the storage kit, the
translation kit, our BFS kernel driver, a new AC97 driver, etc.

Do not replace anything in your R5 install with what's included here =3D)
Post anything you run into to this list.

There are directions for testing OpenBFS (our filesystem
implementation) here:
http://open-beos.sourceforge.net/misc/howto=5Ftest=5Fobfs.html (OBFS can be
found @ ../system/add-ons/kernel/file=5Fsystems/befs/obfs)

Andrew