[nycfoxsig] vfpug nyc: november 1 meeting, did you try to come?

  • From: "PETER ROONEY" <magnetix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nycfoxsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 18:10:55 -0500

If anybody was unable to find the meeting this month,  I'd really like to
know that. The meeting place was changed at the last moment, the directions
were fuzzy, and the room itself was not so easy to find, even if you were in
the right place. The NYU guards were not informed either.

In the future, what you need to do to find the room is this. Tell the guard
you are from the "computer club". Don't say you are looking for the database
group. Especially don't say you are looking for the Foxpro group. Just say
"computer club" - they know about that.

The meeting was fascinating. Jay Bernadelli demonstrated a ton of stuff.
Hopefully we'll get an outline and post it on our website. Yes, we have one
- it will be annnounced soon.

The next meeting will be Thursday December 6. The place is as usual a total
unknown at this point. But we will let you know when we know.

Again, apologies for anyone who couldn't find the November meeting. Let me
know if that was you.

Peter Rooney