[nycfoxsig] testing of sample websites for nycfoxsig

  • From: Jay Berardinelli <docman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nycfoxsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 11:25:41 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

in my pursuit for a better way to keep our sig members involved and so everyone could see our memership roster, etc.

i have put together a few test sites of some interesting technology.
perhaps you may want to check it out prior to the Thursday meeting so we can discuss.

http://www.acauth.net/phpbb     great forum
http://www.acauth.net/joomia looks nice, but i find much harder to completely control
http://www.acauth.net/wiki        just like wikipedia

http://www.acauth.net/wordpress general blogging site, i dont think for us. http://www.acauth.net/collab collaboration site for programmers working to gether on a project, i dont think for us

for most of the sites, you should be able to edit the content and post items yourselves.
some are self registering, some you need to be pre preregistered.
in that case, use admin or jay,   password test or jaybird.

there are a few others i want to do, but ran out of time.
will continue.  see you all thursday!
Jay
To unsubscribe from the NYACC Database SIG list, send an email to
nycfoxsig-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' (no quotes) in the subject
field.