[nycfoxsig] Re: Reminder: Meeting this week!

  • From: Lew <lew1716@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nycfoxsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:58:54 -0400

Jay:

Freelists is free from the web beacons, spyware and the creepy user agreement
you'll find on yahoogroups.

A newsgroup based list requires a member with room on their email server to run
nttp ...

Web based lists require slightly more resources, but I believe we can create a
namespace on fox.wikis.com.
Moreover, I believe that the wiki code is in the public domain, so if some one
could give us space on an
stable server, we could live there.

>> Geoff, is this true?

My preference for the email list is that it's a push technology. Notices arrive
in your mailbox without your
having to do anything.

-Lew

  _____