[nycfoxsig] Re: Question: Creating oversized reports

  • From: Jay Berardinelli <docman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nycfoxsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:54:50 -0400

i would just assign the driver to port lpt1: or some other unused local port.

the printer doesnt have to be connected.
no need for the vpn.

with that said, you may want to try the other forums where there is a broader international foxpro presence.
jay

Thorsten Hoffmann wrote:
Hi guys,
I figured I abuse this venue a bit for a quick question. I'm trying to create or rather changer a report for our German office that was originally created in A3 format (A3 is twice A4.. so about double of letter). Now when my team first created the report in Germany we were connected to a printer that supported taht format, so we had no trouble choosing that size in the report properties. Now that i am sitting here in NY, the biggest I have available to me is A4/letter which is of course no good for an A3 report. Is there any way to change the size of the report to something bigger than what your current printer supports without having to go via the settings of your printer? I installed the german printer via VPN now.. but thats really a pain to have a VPN open whever i want to work on that report (at least i have that option.. imagine if this was an external customer. Cant really do it there). Thorsten