[nycfoxsig] Re: Hey Jay... what's up with this? -- table driven grids

  • From: "Nadya Nosonovsky" <nnosonovsky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nycfoxsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 13:42:29 -0500

Hi Jay,

I was quite impressed with your presentation. You mentioned you have
too many things in mind and may share some projects. I'm currently
looking for work, so I may be interested in participation.

Please let me know, if you're interested.

Best wishes,

Nadya

On 11/4/07, Jay Berardinelli <docman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Lew,
> I don't touch the bindcontrols property, its set to the default.
>
> the table or cursor needs to be opened before you programmatically assign
> the objects to the grid.
> i use this at the start of my class to setup the grid
> grid1.RecordSource= alias1
> grid1.ColumnCount=0    && insure that no columns
> *i can also assign others if i want, or set the colors in the grid object.
>
> i use a class:  grid1.AddObject(ccol,'GRID_COL')  to add a column to the
> grid, where ccol is the name of the column
> *heres an abstract of code that i use to build each column
>     With grid1.&ccol
>             .header1.Caption= Alltrim(GridS.Heading)
>             .Width = GridS.Width
>
>             If .edit_mode=0 And GridS.col_type<>'check'    &&cant do this
> for check boxes
>                 *for readonly fields except checkboxes
>                     .ControlSource = "' '+ALLTRIM("+Alltrim(GridS.cs)+")"
>                    *assigned the quote above as is -- is required for my
> concept to work. this also makes it readonly
>             Else
>                 .ControlSource = Alltrim(GridS.cs)
>             Endif
>     endwith
>
> hopefully that will get you started.
>

> Lew wrote:
> Hi Jay:
>
> Started playing with table driven grids. Things went ok until I started with
> multiple use's for the same table, set filters, etc... until I discovered
> setting bindcontrols to .f. while loading the col definitions. When the
> entire form is good to go, setting bindcontrols .t. seems to work.  Any idea
> what up with this?
>
> -Lew
To unsubscribe from the NYACC Database SIG list, send an email to
nycfoxsig-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' (no quotes) in the subject
field.