[nycfoxsig] Re: Hey Jay... what's up with this? -- table driven grids

  • From: Jay Berardinelli <docman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nycfoxsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 12:36:37 -0500

Lew,
I don't touch the bindcontrols property, its set to the default.

the table or cursor needs to be opened before you programmatically assign the objects to the grid.
i use this at the start of my class to setup the grid
grid1.RecordSource= alias1
grid1.ColumnCount=0    && insure that no columns
*i can also assign others if i want, or set the colors in the grid object.

i use a class: grid1.AddObject(ccol,'GRID_COL') to add a column to the grid, where ccol is the name of the column
*heres an abstract of code that i use to build each column
   With grid1.&ccol
           .header1.Caption= Alltrim(GridS.Heading)
           .Width = GridS.Width

If .edit_mode=0 And GridS.col_type<>'check' &&cant do this for check boxes
               *for readonly fields except checkboxes
                   .ControlSource = "' '+ALLTRIM("+Alltrim(GridS.cs)+")"
*assigned the quote above as is -- is required for my concept to work. this also makes it readonly
           Else
               .ControlSource = Alltrim(GridS.cs)
           Endif
   endwith

hopefully that will get you started.

Lew wrote:
Hi Jay:
Started playing with table driven grids. Things went ok until I started with multiple use's for the same table, set filters, etc... until I discovered setting bindcontrols to .f. while loading the col definitions. When the entire form is good to go, setting bindcontrols .t. seems to work. Any idea what up with this? -Lew