To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:17 PM
Subject: [nvda] Re: video system hooks

Hello,

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Josh <jkenn337@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
video system hooks will not decrease portability. System access is a good
example of a portable screen readerwith video system hookss.

Imho the display hooks should always remain an optional add-in.
Intercepting GDI function calls is a hack that makes an application
"think" it is talking to the OS when in truth it is talking to NVDA. I
have nothing against hacks but we must then be prepared for things
like a Windows update breaking NVDA.
Best regards,
Felix