[nvda] Re: on miranda-im

Hello,
just a note on sounds options branch.
It is working well even with NVDA but read only edit box and 2 buttons (prewiew and change) are placed before the treeview of actions in the taborder so you have to use shift+tab or cycle over the whole dialog to reach them.
I am sure no miranda-im developer is reading this list.
I dont understand what you mean by voice clips. If you are looking for voice chat plugin you may want to check miranda filelisting http://addons.miranda-im.org and search for miranda communications. But this is not compatible to MSN or any other voice chat protocol. If you mean any extrash such as greeting card or similar unimportant stuff they are not supported. BTW I see you are interested in getting miranda-im going but this is NVDA list so It would be nice to stop somewhere around here maybe we can get kicked otherwise. They have a great community and forums are full of the answers. If they can see more blind people interested maybe they will be more friendly to implement accessibility features we do like or at least accept little patches improving current user interface..

Peter

Trenton Matthews  wrote:
Hello to all,
I was going through the different options in miranda with both NVDA and Window-eyes, and the "sound" events option was acting a little strange. I'm guessing this is a problem with Miranda, but if you try and tab over from the treeview where it has check boxes to let you check and uncheck the sounds that can be played while the program's running, there is suppose to be two buttons after the "read only editbox" which tells you what sound is associated with the event, one being "Change sounds" (alt+c" and "preview sounds" alt+p. With both screen readers, after you tab over from the read only editbox, it skips over the buttons, and you have to purposely use the object navagation keys, or in Window-eyes case, the mouse pointer keys. Jaws users may not be affected by this, however i can't say thatt for myself.
Hopefully, someone can dooplacate that problem for me.
Best of luck!
PS. I wonder if there is a Miranda developer that is reading this very list? And also, does anyone know if Miranda can do voice clips just like in Windows Live and MSN messenger 7.5?

Krister Ekstrom wrote:
I have now reinstalled Miranda-im and tried using it again. I noticed i
obviously had Clist classic running, the computer froze totally. I have
now given up on Miranda for good unless someone can tell me what i do
wrong. Do i have to explicitly select the plugin in some way to make it
change behaviour?
I figured i'd test Miranda with a commercial screen reader first before
trying it with NVDA, since i use braille and as far as i know NVDA
doesn't yet have braille support.
/Krister