[nvda] Re: nvda for symbian?

I wil do some more research on this, but there is also now a screen reader for the android phones called:

TalkBack.
Hope that message went through...

On 10/25/2009 7:08, Josh wrote:
Hello,
I have an idea for a product but I am not a programmer. My idea is this.
So far screen reading software for blind people which runs on Cell Phones costs an extra $300 and that does not include the phone itself. The exception to this being--the iPhone which includes a free screen reader. I would like to know where I could hire a Symbian programmer who would use already available free open source software under the GPL to create a $0.00 or free screen reader for Symbian? I choose symbian because there is a lot of software for blind people that runs on Symbian such as OCR software, free open source gps gps and more. Paying $300 for a symbian screen reader justso blind people can use their phones is unacceptable to me. I think the screen reader should be free, but none or no such thing yet exists yet for Symbian phones. So it has to be created. If anyone at the Free Software foundation or NVDA would be willing to help make this a reality by suggesting where to get started I would appreciate it. I am currently living on SSI and have very little money to donate. In order to use my symbian phone with gps I have to use an illegal copy of the $300 screen reader. I do not want to do that. The only way around this is to have a free screen reader using free packages such as multilingual ESpeak and/or Festival for speech. The free gps software Loadstone along with the commercial knfb reader run on Symbian along with other software for blind people. Again if you can suggest programmers or one or two programmers I would appreciate it. I have a friend living down the street from me who also likesthis idea but he is not a programmer either.
Josh
www.satogo.com <http://www.satogo.com/> Get klango at www.klango.net <http://www.klango.net/> it's free! Get NVDA www.nvda-project.org <http://www.nvda-project.org/> it's free! Grab Ubuntu at www.ubuntu.com <http://www.ubuntu.com/> it's free! and www.twitter.com/jkenn337 <http://www.twitter.com/jkenn337> follow-me-on-twitter.