[nvda] Re: nvda and openoffice

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 23:39:59 +1000

As Geoff noted, IAccessible2 support is being written for OpenOffice, which means it will no longer depend on the Java Access Bridge for accessibility. There is no firm timeline on this as far as I am aware, but last I heard, we won't see anything until at least the end of this year. It will probably be in a 3.x release, not in 3.0.

James Teh
Email: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW: http://www.jantrid.net/
MSN Messenger: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx