To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 06 May 2007 17:43
Subject: [nvda] Re: multi-voices support

1. Guide Mouse: http://www.batol.net/gm/
2. Big Eyses: http://bigeyes.cefb.org.tw

Sorry for they have no English representation. And my English is not very
well so couldn't provide more information.

On Sun, 6 May 2007, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:

There does need to be a manual language switch, but there are also attributes
of text that NVDA could make use of to switch automatically.

For (X)HTML, it would be good if NVDA would switch to the correct
pronunciation based on the lang and xml:lang attributes (as JAWS currently does). Likewise Microsoft Word stores language as one of its text attributes.

Incidentally, coscell, what other two Chinese screen readers? I'd like to add them to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_screen_readers . Do you happen to
know what the most common Chinese screen reader might be?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis