[nvda] Re: mud clients and NVDA

Hi James,

well I'm using mushclient because it is perhaps the best choice speaking of
mud clients, perhaps only zmud is good as mushclient.
It supports 4 or 5 methods for scripting like perl, javascripts, visual
basic etc. I don't know if this could be useful, but I dont use any scripts
with jaws.
There is a plugin called jfwapi32.dll.
I think this is a sort of bridge, so programs can pass information via this
dll to screen reader, in this case Jaws.
with 10 lines of scripting, it is possibile to tell to mushclient to pass
all text to jaws, I don't know if it needs video intercept or not.
this is quite simple, and part of the script I'm using,  is as follows:

<script>
-

sub OnPluginInstall
set jfwobject = CreateObject("jfwapi")
jfwobject.sayString "jfw speech is ready to rock!",0
speak = 1

end sub
sub OnPluginScreendraw (t, log, line)
if (t = 0 or t = 1)  and speak = 1 then
jfwobject.sayString line, 0
end if
end sub
sub OnPluginBroadcast (msg, id, name, text)
if msg = 222 then
jfwobject.sayString text,0
end if
end sub

I don't know if it is useful, anyway this is what I have.

bye.