To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 6:42 AM
Subject: [nvda] Re: how do i make another browser my default?

Ron, don't do this, but if you wanted to make IE your default you'd start IE and go to Tools, Options, Programs tab.

But as James has said, NVDA doesn't work anything like as well with IE.

Some quickies you could try:-
1. In firefox, Help menu, then Check for Updates. Maybe a different version would work better.

2. Try another browser that works like Firefox - Seamonkey v.2x, for example. Seamonkey v1.x wasn't very accessible, but v2 is.
Visit
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news and look for "alpha 3"

It's an alpha version and not the finished product, but seems to work well.

Alternatives might be Flock or Cometbird.

Flock is here....
http://flock.com/

and Cometbird is here....
http://www.cometbird.com/page/download.html

If you have any add-ons in Firefox, you could try temporarily disabling them to see if that makes Firefox more stable. Then bring them back one by one and see if you start to get troubles.

Vince.

----- Original Message ----- From: ron nuttall