[nvda] Re: how do i make another browser my default?

bless you gene - i wouldn't know what an active X control was if it jumped up and bit me on the proverbials. all i can tell you now is that i've allowed every thing that can be allowed in both internet explorer and webbie but to no avail. i was invited to choose how i wanted to listen and ofcourse i opted for the high quality option - after all, it did say you might not get your prefered option. it then invited me to download something which i re-named BBC player so i new what it was. you then get taken to the page with all the listen live links on it which was the one i sent you. as i mentioned in an earlier message, pressing enter on thees links just made a bong sound and nothing else happened.

coming up to date, things are going from bad to worse.
not only am i being prevented from turning on or off my user account control which i thought might be the pproblem, i'm also being prevented from launching s a to go. i hear the system access voice speak its welcome message and asking me to press enter to continue - when i do this, nothing happens, so i arrow down to the first link and press enter on that. i'm now asked by system access to press alt plus R to continue - its at this point that the rechid bong sound comes back to haunt me and prevents any further progress. my sister is visiting today so i'll ask her whats happening on the screen when access to just about every thing is denied me and report back on monday. so until then - thanks - Ron Nuttall