  From: ron nuttall
  To: nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2009 2:11 AM
  Subject: [nvda] Re: how do i make another browser my default?

  Vince - thanks for all that.
  i think vista is blocking my screenreader when i get a dialogue box of any
kind.
  i had what i thought was the bright idea of uninstalling firefox and then
re-downloading and installing firefox.
  the reason for this was when i went in to programs and features, i discovered
that only firefox 3.8 was listed inspite of the fact that i had been induced to
upgrade to both 3.9 and then 3.10 after that.
  surely only the latest vershion should be listed, or at least all the
vershions.
  i very soon regreted trying to be bold and adventurous on my computer - i
don't think i've done as many reset tipe re-starts as i have today.
  it allowed me to uninstall firefox, but since then, i've not been allowed to
do anything involving a dialogue tipe box, including set-up - theres a dull low
frequency computer tipe sound, then i loose the screenreader.
  NVDA main, NVDA portable and even the thunder screenreader were all dragooned
into service but all fell victim to the same dreaded lirgee.
  its 2 in the morning now, lets see if a good nights sleep can do what a days
frantic computing can't.
  thanks again vince - Ron Nuttall