[nvda] free OCR solutions for Windows 7

Hi. I've spent the last 11 years running Linux. I just returned to Windows last Friday. In Linux, I could do OCR with several free apps. Could someone suggest a free solution for Windows? I don't do much scanning, just reading mail, but I don't have sighted help, so OCR is a requirement.

Needless to say, any solution will need to be accessible with NVDA.

Thanks in advance.

          Kenny