[nvda] Re: feature to navigate between the beginning or the end of a HTML element

Hi.
The problem is that defining an HTML element is tricky. Even a link, paragraph, span or list item is considered an HTML element. IF you're in a list item and it starts with a link, pressing a key to move to the end of the current element would only move you out of the link. If you're in a list item which only contains text, it would only move you to the end of the list item, not the end of the list. This is a very subjective and imprecise form of navigation for this reason; everyone's requirements will differ slightly.

On 5/06/2009 7:39 PM, Ravi Paul wrote:
Hai, I would like you to implement a feature in NVDA to navigate to
the top or bottem of a html element. E.g. when there are a large
number of list items the user should be able to skip from the top to
bottom of the list, or vice versa, or from anywhere in the middle to
the beginning or end of it. This feature will also be helpful to
navigate between the beginning or end of block quotes, frames, tables
and so on. Insert or shift+comma for the beginning and dot (.) with
insert or shift for the end of the html element

I hope I am clear in what I am trying to say…

Thanks
Regards
Ravi Paul

Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx