[nvda] eSpeak - Italian

On 30 May, Simone Dal Maso <simone.dalmaso@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> now I created a mailing-list for only Italian users while the web
> site is still in development, and I received some suggestions to
> improve the translation.

If anyone wants to help to improve the Italian voice in the eSpeak
text-to-speech synthesizer, that will be useful.  I expect that you
have several better Italian synthesizers to choose from, but perhaps
somebody is interested in this work?

For example:
1.  Words where the stress is on the wrong syllable.
2.  Words with the wrong type of open/closed "e" and "o".
3.  Choose a better "r" sound (the latest eSpeak now a few to choose
from).
4.  Adjust lengths of sounds to get a better rhythm.

eSpeak's Italian voice had a little feedback last year, but nothing
recently, and I suspect there is possibility for improvement.

Most of the people who help to improve eSpeak voices are blind users
without any special knowledge of programming or language studies.