[nvda] Re: confirmation of a recommendation

thanks, not heard of this.
B.H.,

On 11/13/2010 12:09 PM, Martina Letochová wrote:
Rtsp is not a file extension but a protocol, like mms also for media or the
most known of course http :) I've seen rtsp mostly with real media. More
info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rtsp
Martina

From: "Burt Henry"<burt1iband@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2010 6:56 PM
To:<nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [nvda] Re: confirmation of a recommendation

M3U, mp3, ram pls and asxwax
are what I've found as streaming formats...
there are so many little used file and play list types that I've never
bothered to keep up with, but rtsp ? does not ring a bell. Is this
common in your country, or for a certain use?
Also, not to drive this thread completely off topic, in what way does
one need to get used to gom player? Can one use this program easily with
NVDA accessing all of its functions?
Thanks.

On 11/13/2010 01:20 AM, Anders Holmberg wrote:
Hi!
But xmplayer does not support rtsp streams.
Which vlc do i think.
Gom player is also a great player for use with nvda.
Though you have to get used to it first.
/A
Alex H. skrev 2010-11-11 20:23:
hi,

foobar, XMPlay , and VLC are all great players that work with NVDA
very well. XMPlay is the lightest running and works really nice on a
netbook, 5 MB of RAM, with a load of files in a playlist and almost no
CPU load.

VLC is great but is a big memory glugger and uses like 100 MB of RAM,
bigger systems work better with it.

Alex

On 11/11/10, Anders Holmberg<anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi!
Yes i agree.
Foobar2000 probably is the best audio player that excists these days.
Both in acessibility and in how it sounds.
/A
David Csercsics skrev 2010-11-11 09:43:
I've had good luck with foobar 2000 on this netbook with a rather
large library. It works well with nvda and uses a bit less resources
and sounds comparable to mpd on my usual Linux box.
Your continued donations help keep NVDA going strong:

Your continued donations help keep NVDA going strong:

Your continued donations help keep NVDA going strong:

Your continued donations help keep NVDA going strong:

        *the above was probably written by-
Burt Henry
(registered Linux-user 521,886)
        Contact Info: *email, GTalk&AIM-
(burt1iband@xxxxxxxxx)
        *Follow Me on Twitter-
@BurtHenry
        *and I’m on Facebook*

Your continued donations help keep NVDA going strong: