[nvda] Re: a tip for windows xp system tray

Hey jamie. I used ver. 1126, i will get trunk 1193 and try it if its more accessible for system tray. ----- Original Message ----- From: "James Teh" <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 12:44 AM
Subject: [nvda] Re: a tip for windows xp system tray

Hi Alf,

System tray should be more accessible in latest trunk builds of NVDA just by using the arrows. Is this not the case for you? What version/revision of NVDA are you running?

Jamie

Alf wrote:
Hey all.
If this was already on the list sorry, but i found the way how to go thru system tray icons and activate exactly which we want. If we want to call the system tray we have to press windows+b to bring up system tray. After system tray is loaded the only way how i managed to read all the icons is to use object navigation with insert+numpad 6 or insert+numpad 4 to go between next and previous objects in the tray. After i'm on the icon that i want to ictivate i press insert+numpad slash to move the mouse to that object. Than after i'm on object i press enter and that object is activated. Maybe for someone it sounds complicated but after a minute or 2 with experimenting its no pain to use the system tray at alll.
Enjoy it.

Email: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW: http://www.jantrid.net/
MSN Messenger: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx