[nvda] Re: a bit of strange things and a question regard office

Hello,
can you please try to catch respective entries in your debug.log?
Go to your %temp% folder and search for nvda-debug.log. delete that file start NVDA and try to reproduce the crash as soon as possible. when you are sure there was an error close NVDA and try to search for errors in the nvda-debug.log file. If you are unsure what's relevant then send the file as is please. I have just tryed to run emule with NVDA and it works without a problem in here. Their tree hierarchy is somewhat broken in some dialogs thus I have got a lot of beeps when doing say all for object navigation but I am sure there is no bug related to this as far as I can see.

BTW a feature request comes to my mind after trying NVDA with emule. What about adding a feature to search for toolbar? something like NVDA+end which reports statusbar but with a difference that it will search for the toolbar? What do you all think?

Peter

Simone Dal Maso  wrote:
Snapshot 1193:
it appears that NVDA lost in stability. In fact, using internet explorer, or
emule, I listen the two descendt tones that are the error signal.
Anyway, NVDA often continues running properly, but these 2 tones are quite
frequent.
Also opening outlook express I receive the error tones, 2 3 times in a second,
then NVDA restarts speaking.
I don't know if this is a problem of sapi4 driver or not, I should check this
really.
Other thing, in microsoft office:
do you read status bar in microsoft word?
for example, in microsoft word 2000, I can't read status bar.
I don't know if this is a NVDA problem or if it is the same thing of live
messenger, that didn't run properly due to languages problems.
any idea?