[nvda] Re: Windows help

Hi Brian,

Just so you know: We are hearing your problems with Windows Help. I have seen some issues like this on my machine, although I don't experience lag until *after* I execute a search. I actually don't think this is related to the IE buffers, but right now, I have no idea what's causing it. I will try to investigate it further, but I can't promise any results for the near future.

On 16/05/2009 5:27 PM, Brian's mail list account wrote:
OK, I think there is no fix for this problem, as it seems that the time
that nvda has to wait for help to appear to be completely finished is
what causes the errors.
I have done some defragging and now it works, albeit very slowly. Over a
certain wait time, it will never speak until closed. Maybe the
developers can tell me why this is so, but the fact is that it has to
wait till the help stuff is all there and a bit longer before it will
respond, and that is the bottom line.

Hal gets away with it in a shorter time though, maybe its using its
display chain info to get at the page faster.

Anyway, help is ok in its context sensitive guise in other windows, its
only the desktop page which seems to have the problems here.

Help is pretty useless unless you are a complete beginner in any case.

Brian

bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Thank you for your continued support of Nonvisual Desktop Access, an
open source free screen reader for Microsoft Windows:

Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web site: http://www.jantrid.net/