To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 5:42 PM
Subject: [nvda] Re: What Are you interested in?

Here is something I am interested in doing. I am not sure if it is possible with Python because I have just started playing around with the language. I would like to make a .dll file that could be used by any application to speak things in the computer's default voice. In most cases, it would probably be Microsoft Sam, but for people who have other voices installed, it could be set to something else. I am almost thinking something like that would have to be written in C++ or one of the .net languages. It could be included with NVDA as a way to get it to interact with programs written specifically for screen readers like TextPal. It would be neat also to have the dll as a separate downloadable piece to include with self voicing applications. I guess it would have to be able to tell if it were speaking for NVDA and use the selected voice for it if it was installed, or use the computer's default voice if NVDA were not installed. Shouldn't be too hard though, sounds like a bit of if logic is all that would be needed. Unfortunately I have absolutely no experience with writing .dll files.

Storm Dragon
http://www.stormdragon.us/
----- Original Message ----- From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>