To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:09 PM
Subject: [nvda] Re: Web sites and nvda

Yes, I do.     Angelo
----- Original Message ----- From: " brian gafff (Line One)" <bgaff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 7:18 AM
Subject: [nvda] Web sites and nvda

When we browse web sites, although we are aware of the fact that the page probably has parts down one side or the other, headers navigational links in a certain place etc, its not always easy to tell when you are in which bit quite often, and of course the text in sites often says things like click to the left at the top or on the right or whatever. I wonder if some kind of intelligent interpretation of a web page derived from its formatting could be added to nvda to help with this. So for example at the moment we can tell if text is headings, where in the current frame it is justified, so how about telling us if it is in the sidebar or whatever. Now of course I have no real idea of whether this would be possible and it would probably be a slow down mechanism as well, but it was just a thought so I'm voicing it here.
Do people find this sighted  reference problem as annoying as I do?

Brian
Brian Gaff bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx If you need to email me please send it to
briang1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Making sure the name 'Brian Gaff' is in the display name field.
Failure to do this may result in delays or message loss.

Some sacrifices are a fact of life in our junk mail  riddled world!

Use the following link with the code STOR-4NS3-DSCT to save 10% on Voices from nextup.com:
http://is.gd/6pU86