To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:09 PM
Subject: [nvda] Re: Using NVDA with QT Applications

Hi.

It is true that NVDA uses MSAA and IAccessible2 whenever it is provided. Unfortunately, there are some bugs and quirks in QT's MSAA implementation that cause some problems. (Note that QT does not yet support IAccessible2.) I have tried to work around these where I can in NVDA, but there are some issues that I am unable to resolve without changes to QT.

If you could provide some more specific information about what is not working and what you expected instead, I might be able to help you further.

Jamie

On 20/10/2009 8:35 PM, Heiko Folkerts wrote:
Hello,
We are currently trying to make a QT application accessible for use with NVDA. As far as I know uses NVDA MSAA and IAccessible2 information when ever they are provided. We flagged all Contros with accessibleName and accessibleDescription properties, but tabsheets and other controls don't get read correctly with NVDA. So I'd like to know if I can be sure that there is MSAA or IAccessible2 information missing, when NVDA doesn't read it.

Hasyanyone else had experience with QT applications? It seems that they provide some methods to set accessible information but it doesn't really work.

Thx

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Heiko Folkerts
Systementwicklung und -design
DAVID GmbH · Wendenring 1 · 38114 Braunschweig
Tel.: +49 531 24379-14
Fax.: +49 531 24379-79
E-Mail: mailto:Heiko.Folkerts@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW:   http://www.david-bs.de
Eintragung: Amtsgericht Braunschweig, HRB 3167
Geschäftsführer: Frank Ptok

Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web site: http://www.jantrid.net/