[nvda] Re: Translation Succeeded

James Teh wrote:

Hi Mick,
Michael Curran wrote:
Acutlaly, this didn't occur to me at all. I mean, I understand perfectly why it works, but just didn't see it.
Glad it wasn't just me. I failed to realise this at work about a week back and finally realised when I looked at the code the next day. Amazing how we get stuck in certain ways of thinking...

Yeh, as to translating the application name, I am not really sure.
I don't really have a problem with it as such, but yeh, the abreviation won't mean much.
Well, my thinking was that "Nonvisual Desktop Access" is the name of the application, and since it is a name, it isn't really a candidate for translation unless distributed through different channels. It also sort of depends which is more the name: NVDA or "Nonvisual Desktop Access". Do the names "Windows", "JAWS" ("Job Access with Speech") or "Window Eyes" get translated for different languages? I would assume they don't, but I'm not sure.

Jamie

I can give you an example from Hebrew. the word Washington is not translated. it's just spelled in the Hebrew alleph bet. Maybe I muddied the waters than helped.
To unsubscribe from the list send a blank message to:
nvda-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.kulgan.net/nvda/