[nvda] Re: Translation Succeeded

Hi Cleverson,
Cleverson wrote:
It's working fine here now, thank you. The error was that I forgot to change language from enu to ptb in nvda.ini.
That language setting wasn't being used when I was asking you to test the first time. However, I decided I may as well implement it properly anyway, so I made the language setting determine the language file to be used. In other words, I'm not sure what went wrong when I first suggested lines to ad to the nvda.pyw, but it's working with the new code, which is good.

There is however some messages that was not translatable. For example, when at Windows Explorer browsing the folders and files list with the vertical arrows, NVDA says for example, "21 of 45". This middle "of" should also be translated, but I didn't find it while translating messages.pot.
Fixed, though I won't commit this until we decide what to do re the Nonvisual Desktop Access message. The tricky thing is that you're now going to have to merge your messages.po with a new messages.pot, which requires the msgmerge utility. If you're using Cygwin, you will have msgmerge, but if not, you need to find another solution. GNU Win32 seems to provide a version of gettext. I also found a Python implementation of msgmerge, but the release version has a syntax error, though it is easily fixed. Maybe we need to make this available from the NVDA web site or something.

Another non translated message is the NVDA window title, which shows the English title "Non Visual Desktop Access".
I'm not sure whether it is a good idea ot translate this; see other message.

Jamie

Email: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW: http://www.jantrid.net/
MSN Messenger: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jabber: jteh@xxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo: jcs_teh
To unsubscribe from the list send a blank message to:
nvda-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.kulgan.net/nvda/