[nvda] Re: SpeechHub: A new cross platform TTS server

Hi Angelo, at present SpeechHub and its voices are installed under program files but with time it would be possible to install these potentially anywhere.

Isaac

On 07/02/2012 00:05, Angelo DeMarsico wrote:
Would this go on the same flash drive as the newly presented portable NVDA? Angelo

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Cox
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 5:48 PM
To: nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nvda] Re: SpeechHub: A new cross platform TTS server

After fixing a few bugs I think an accessible voice installer is next
on the priority list.  This should enable you to easily install the
Telugu voice.  It will likely be a few weeks, but we'll get there.

Bill

On 2/6/12, Kakarla Nageswaraiah <nageswara1982@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please include Open Mary Telugu to the speech hub.
Thanks and regards.

On 2/6/12, Bill Cox <waywardgeek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We are pleased to announce SpeechHub the first cross platform TTS
server for the vision impaired community.

A TTS server receives text from talking applications such as NVDA and
converts it to speech.  SpeechHub is available as a plug-in for NVDA
which enables it to use the synthesizers supported by SpeechHub. When
you installed SpeechHub, a number of synthesizers are installed and
the NVDA plug-in is configured automatically; simply quit NVDA and
restart it again, select SpeechHub as the synthesizer and  select the
voice you want.

At present the installation of SpeechHub supports  the following
synthesizers:

- Mary TTS (known also as Open Mary), 4 English voices are installed.
- Pico TTS 6 languages are installed
- eSpeak, all languages and most voices.
- SAPI5, major languages, synthesizers installed on your computer.

We will provide more synthesizer support and voices in a variety of
languages in future versions.

Sonic support for high speed is built in for most synthesizers.
SpeechHub is highly responsive and for reliability engines are
monitored and restarted automatically if necessary.

The installer is currently hosted on a fairly low bandwidth server, so
your download may be fairly slow, especially if there is anyone else
downloading at the same time.  You can find more information including
instructions on download and installation here:

http://www.speechhub.org

This version is still in alpha, we have tested it extensively with
help from the community and we believe it works well.  Nevertheless,
use at your own risk.

Assuming people are courteous and the moderator does not mind we will
hang around this list and reply to questions.

Regards,
Bill Cox and Isaac Porat
SpeechHub developers
Your continued donations help keep NVDA development going strong. Donate
at:
Use the following link with the code STOR-4NS3-DSCT to save 10% on Voices
from nextup.com:

కాకర్ల నాగేశ్వరయ్య
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid†01265515