[nvda] Re: SpeechHub: A new cross platform TTS server

Hi Bill

I also noticed on my windows xp machine a netbook, that when you go to usse the voices they seem to studderlike resources are getting used up, or something was scanning which it wasn't. The other thing I noticed 2 was when I installed it some of the voices were missing, I think they are the open mary ones, I did have sam pop up on the list on this machine but not the other.
Gene nz

*Please click on the following link to check out my evergrowing website http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~hurrikenny *

On 2/7/2012 4:15 PM, Bill Cox wrote:
Java 7 is only available from the Oracle site, and not java.com.  It's
in testing and is really meant only for developers at this point.  We
tested with it, but we tested more with Java 6, which is the current
stable release.  If there is no 32-bit version of Java installed, the
SpeechHub installer will install Java 6.  That's what most people
should be using.

Bill

On 2/6/12, shaun everiss<sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Well it would bbe good to have a place to get all the engines from
that are free that is.
I noticed you mentioned java7 on the java.com site all pcs I have
have java 6.3 and it assures me that I am running the latest, out of
interest what is java 7, i've not ever been offered it, I have java 6
standard on all systems as far as I know.
At 08:01 p.m. 6/02/2012 +0000, you wrote:
Once we finish the testing, we intend to develop a utility to enable
users to add engines and voices.  At the testing phase, we wanted to
have a simple installation package for people to use.

Regards
Isaac

On 06/02/2012 13:21, Kakarla Nageswaraiah wrote:
Please include Open Mary Telugu to the speech hub.
Thanks and regards.

On 2/6/12, Bill Cox<waywardgeek@xxxxxxxxx>   wrote:
We are pleased to announce SpeechHub the first cross platform TTS
server for the vision impaired community.

A TTS server receives text from talking applications such as NVDA and
converts it to speech.  SpeechHub is available as a plug-in for NVDA
which enables it to use the synthesizers supported by SpeechHub. When
you installed SpeechHub, a number of synthesizers are installed and
the NVDA plug-in is configured automatically; simply quit NVDA and
restart it again, select SpeechHub as the synthesizer and  select the
voice you want.

At present the installation of SpeechHub supports  the following
synthesizers:

- Mary TTS (known also as Open Mary), 4 English voices are installed.
- Pico TTS 6 languages are installed
- eSpeak, all languages and most voices.
- SAPI5, major languages, synthesizers installed on your computer.

We will provide more synthesizer support and voices in a variety of
languages in future versions.

Sonic support for high speed is built in for most synthesizers.
SpeechHub is highly responsive and for reliability engines are
monitored and restarted automatically if necessary.

The installer is currently hosted on a fairly low bandwidth server, so
your download may be fairly slow, especially if there is anyone else
downloading at the same time.  You can find more information including
instructions on download and installation here:

http://www.speechhub.org

This version is still in alpha, we have tested it extensively with
help from the community and we believe it works well.  Nevertheless,
use at your own risk.

Assuming people are courteous and the moderator does not mind we will
hang around this list and reply to questions.

Regards,
Bill Cox and Isaac Porat
SpeechHub developers
Your continued donations help keep NVDA development going strong. Donate
at:
Use the following link with the code STOR-4NS3-DSCT to save 10% on Voices
>from nextup.com:
Your continued donations help keep NVDA development going strong. Donate
at:
Use the following link with the code STOR-4NS3-DSCT to save 10% on
Voices from nextup.com:

Use the following link with the code STOR-4NS3-DSCT to save 10% on Voices
from nextup.com:

-----
No virus found in this message.