To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 4:52 PM
Subject: [nvda] Re: Scrolling in NVDA

I see that you have already seen a comment on this question.  There is
another problem you will see that is universal.  The read current line
command does not track as expected.  If you issue a find command, then use
the read current line command, most of the time, the command won't read the
correct line.  To calibrate it properly, you have to do something to move
the cursor manually.  So, you might do a find command, want to read the
current line and to do so, you would need to either use a line down then
line up command or something similar. Using a left and right arrow command would work as well. In other words, the read current line command does not track the cursor when the cursor is moved using search and probably in other
ways.  There are many either rough edges in NVDA and many bugs that cause
inconveniences or annoyances.  While I realize the developers are busy
making the program more powerful and adding features, isn't it time to clean
up long standing issues like this?

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Griffith" <d.griffith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>