[nvda] Revision 238 - report status bar script and thoughts on keyboard layout

Hi all,

In revision 238, there is now a reportStatusBar script which can be used with insert+end.

This script assumes though that there is only one statusbar in a foreground window, but this seems to work ok for things like windows explorer, outlook express, wordpad etc.

It will not currently work with statusbars that are not an 'msctls_statusbar32' window, though this can easily be changed if more statusbar window classes are found.

I am thinking of writing a swappable key map implementation in the next few days so that laptop key maps can be made. So I would like to hear from anyone who has ideas or improvements to the current way the keys are layd out in NVDA.

For instance, is rate up and down ok as insert+pageUp and insert+pageDown? is reportStatusbar ok as insert+end?

How would you like a laptop layout to look?

Please remember though that NVDA is different to Jaws and Window Eyes in that it has object navigation, so this does take up a fair bit of keyboard real estate.

Mick

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank message to:
nvda-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.kulgan.net/nvda/