Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:23 PM
Subject: [nvda] Ref the wpf freeze in xp

Hi, not exactly the same, and I don't recall if a ticket was raised for this as you do not support Office XP, but exactly the same effect occurs in an access database I have with the kb971513 UIA update loaded into XP as is being reported with wpf programs.
Does Visual basic scripting use the same routines perhaps?
This has been a long standing problem with nvda and this Windows Pupate, at least back to the nvda that was around in 2009.

Not all Visual basic is affected. As you will understand its hard to debug and point the finger as when you encounter the problem everything slows to a crawl, then freezes up with I imagine huge processor usage. All I will say though is that on error and loops looking for pressed keys seem to be implicated. All of course works if you use Hal, for instance, so its some interaction in the code associated with the update and nvda under very specific circumstances. As always, if someone wants to let me have a test program and any test fixes in nvda I'll run them over the machine with the update on it and see what occurs. it would be nice to lay this one as its really annoying, and means you cannot use any via enabled software with any advantage with nvda on XP.
Brian
Brian Gaff bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx If you need to email me please send it to
briang1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Making sure the name 'Brian Gaff' is in the display name field.
Failure to do this may result in delays or message loss.

Some sacrifices are a fact of life in our junk mail  riddled world!
Use the following link with the code STOR-4NS3-DSCT to save 10% on Voices from nextup.com: