To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 8:47 AM
Subject: [nvda] Re: Questions

Hello,

I'll post on top to this list then.
I have hte default menus with the message pain turned off. I am using
the folter toolbar or whatever it's called instead of the folder pain. I
have messages sorted by date and group by sort is checked.

Thanks
Nimer J

burt henry wrote:
I think you are maybe in a VERY     small minority from all I have
read from other blind usenet and list users.  At any rate, you posting
in this way means that many others here will not find your msg's, or
at least spend much more time reading them, and as they do not post in
this way you are forced to answer newest first; therefore your reply
may be out of its best context.
I think it would be much more considerate, and take little of your
time to open a new tab in t-bird or an editor and read a bit and
switch back to the tab or window you are writing in.  You could also
post a line or two at the top of your quoted material and go down
deleting and writing as you go, but again it is the same, you are
always going to answer the newest first.
Back to the real question-do you use the default T-bird smart-folders,
and have you made any other menu changes?  which version of TB3 are
you using?   How do you have the msg's sorted/time, conversation?...
Burt

On 11/29/2009 2:23 café, Nimer Jaber wrote:

burt henry wrote:
yes, they are all pretty much fixed with the new access that tb3
gives. tb3 is more stable as well.
Please consider top posting as I almost deleted this. It may be good
for some news groups you are in, but here, and generally with blind
folks....all been talked to death before...later
B.H.
Hello,
I prefer this way of posting, and I a blind. The reason is because it
gives me a context of what someone is saying before I read the new
message. Hence, I don't forget to reply to anything when replying to a
message. Furthermore, I am using TB 3 and still have these issues.

Thanks
Nimer J

11/29/2009 1:56 café, Niko Carpenter wrote:
chela, Nimer Jaber wrote:
Hey guys,

Is anyone having problems with thunderbird and NVDA? I guess I'd
call them quirks. On my machine, NVDA R3391 most of the time
jumps to
the bottom of the message when I open it up, so I have to go to the
top
of the email first before reading. The other issue is when I
delete an
email, the next one down the list isn't read, therefore making it
so I
have to arrow away and back to the message.

Thanks
Nimer J
I tried NVDA with Thunderbird 2--I use using the portable
version--and
NVDA did not work very well with it. I'm not extactly sure if those
problems are caused by not having TB3, but I for one could not read
any messages when using version 2. Try upgrading if you aren't on
version 3, and then see if that fixes it.

Thank you for your continued support of Nonvisual Desktop Access, an
open source free screen reader for Microsoft Windows: