[nvda] Re: NVDA reading

On 11/02/2009 5:27 AM, Hayden's Harness Attachment wrote:
Excuse for me not under standing. I am not getting why it is so difficult to have NVDA Look for a return by the cursor review
keys and the secondary arrow keys. For example, I load a text file into a text editor called "list.txt". I press the
"2" keypad for the first letter of the text file and hear "l". What is so hard for NVDA to say "3"
returns thext chacter or right arrow in the secondary arrow keys also returns the next character. So "3" and the right
arrow in the secondary arrow keys performs the same function.
As I keep saying, stop thinking about this in terms of the *keys*. That is not the issue here. When you press numpad 3 to move to the next character, you are moving the review cursor, which the application doesn't know about. Right arrw, on the other hand, is supposed to move the system cursor. If we made right arrow do the same as numpad 3, it would read the next character, but your system cursor could be anywhere. For example, fi you start typing, your system cursor will move somewhere else, but NVDA doesn't know that because it cna't find the cursor.

Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web site: http://www.jantrid.net/