[nvda] Re: NVDA and a FinnishFestival-voice

Hello Peter.
Their readme file mentions ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8. Perhaps it contains some important information. Unfortunately, the document is in Finnish and there is no English translation.

Olga

05.02.2009 14:00, Peter Vágner пишет:
Hello,

On 5.2.2009 11:30, Olga wrote:
It seems that setting encoding to
ISO-8859-15 solved the problem.

<voice name="suo_fi_lj_diphone" cp="28605"/>

But I'm not sure, I would like to know what native speakers of Finnish
language think about it.

I am not native Finnish speaker in fact I know only a few Finnish words
but still I think it does not work correctly with these settings.
Letters such as ö or ä (o and a with diaeresis) are not pronounced
correctly. Instead of these letters it says a whole word.
Just a bit of explanation why I assumed ISO-8859-1 should be the correct
setting. Because readme files shipped with the voices are encoded so.
I don't really know how else we can check which code page is correct.

Greetings

Peter
Thank you for your continued support of Nonvisual Desktop Access, an
open source free screen reader for Microsoft Windows: