[nvda] Re: NVDA and a FinnishFestival-voice

  • From: Peter Vágner <peter.v@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:00:50 +0100

On 5.2.2009 11:30, Olga  wrote:
It seems that setting encoding to
ISO-8859-15 solved the problem.

<voice name="suo_fi_lj_diphone" cp="28605"/>

But I'm not sure, I would like to know what native speakers of Finnish
language think about it.

I am not native Finnish speaker in fact I know only a few Finnish words but still I think it does not work correctly with these settings. Letters such as ö or ä (o and a with diaeresis) are not pronounced correctly. Instead of these letters it says a whole word. Just a bit of explanation why I assumed ISO-8859-1 should be the correct setting. Because readme files shipped with the voices are encoded so.
I don't really know how else we can check which code page is correct.