  From: Peter Vágner
  To: nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 8:39 AM
  Subject: [nvda] Re: NVDA and a FinnishFestival-voice

  Hello,

  On 4.2.2009 20:57, Isak Sand  wrote:
  > A friend of mine sent me a file named "suo_fi_lj.gz". I'm wondering if it's
possible to use this Finnish Festival-voice with NVDA although I have only this
file. The included english voices work fine!

  If you have Olga's festival synth driver for NVDA you can download and
  extract these 2 files into your synthDrivers folder.
  http://phon.joensuu.fi/suopuhe/tulosaineisto/hy_fi_mv_diphone-20041119.tgz
  http://phon.joensuu.fi/suopuhe/tulosaineisto/suo_fi_lj-1.0g-20051204.tgz
  and you will get two nice Finnish voices one male and one female voice.
  That female voice sounds pretty good - at least I like it.
  There may be problem with speaking national symbols because I am unable
  to figure out which code page is native to this festival voice
  implementation.
  I guess it may either be UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1.
  You can experiment with it by changing file festsettings.xml.
  Before line saying
  </voices>
  you can try adding something like
  <voice name="hy_fi_mv_diphone" cp="65001"/>
  </voice>
  <voice name="suo_fi_lj_diphone" cp="65001"/>
  </voice>
  This is for UTF-8. If you wish to try ISO-8859-1 then change value of
  the cp property to 28591 .
  There is one little note which may help identifying the correct code
  page to use, Festival was primarily developed for UNIX.

  Hope this gives at least some pointers

  Greetings

  Peter