[nvda] Re: NVDA and Ms Word

My recollection is that nothing the user does avoids this problem. I'm not talking about using shift to pause and resume reading. I haven't checked to see if the user looses his place. I doubt it. but the only means I am aware of to stop reading and quickly find your place again is to make a point of remembering a word or phrase that is not commonly found in the document and, after you stop reading, using find to get back to your place. I haven't tested this problem for a number of months but my recollection is that every way I attempted to stop reading, not pause but stop it and keep my place, was not successful. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ibrahim Ahmad" <ibrahim.ahmad2010@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 8:42 AM
Subject: [nvda] Re: NVDA and Ms Word

try to use the down errow to stop reading especially if you are going to correct something. i'm not sure that it works, just try. if you don't want to correct something in the page, press shift to continue speech without chicking where the curser is. ----- Original Message ----- From: Ab?lio Guimar?es