To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 4:50 PM
Subject: [nvda] Re: NVDA and Jart

If you are teaching the use and navigation of dialog boxes, that might be an
excellent opportunity to teach them to work with the combo box in the open
dialog where you select the files of type and give them practice tabbing to it, selecting all then shift tabbing to the list of files and folders. I am
assuming that Jart has a standard open and save as dialog.  If this is to
advanced for the students at present, then in offering alternatives to Jart,
what do you want the Word processor to offer in terms of features and
complexity.  The students can always use Wordpad which is only lacking a
spell checker and which, as I recall, free third party spell checkers are
available for.  Unless the students have or are expected to have complex
word processor needs, why not use the simple Word processor right there on
every Windows machine.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Griffith" <d.griffith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>