*From:* nvda-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nvda-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Trenton Matthews
*Sent:* Sunday, October 25, 2009 8:07 PM
*To:* nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* [nvda] Re: NVDA, Now The Screen Reader Of Choice?

I honestly must say,

I have been using NVDA quite extensively now.
What does bother me with Window-eyes currently is indeed the time they are taking for 7.5 to come out. Normally, it don't take this long for a screen reader to come out with something like a new browse mode update, wouldn't you think?
Hopefully by the end of this year or earlier, a beta will come out.
The scripting, although powerful, definitely slows down its stibility.
Although, considering that NVDA works with the skype interface in 3.8 extremely well, and not so bad in 4.1, at least it doesn't need that skype extra's manager. Wonder what GW micro will do once the extra's manager won't be supported anymore.
If its still there in future skype releases, i'll be shocked.

On 10/25/2009 15:45, Nimer wrote:
Trenton,

I am actually quite disappointed with window eyes because of its response time and because of browse mode. On my machine, there is a lag. Also, browse mode is terrible!! I've been playing more with JAWS, and it crashes far less and is much easier to use than window eyes. NVDA's still top of the line though, with the exception of the latest nightly build of seamonkey. there, JAWS works great!!

Thanks
Nimer J

Hi