[nvda] Re: NVDA Crashing or Losing speech

Or maybe a voice that should not be mentioned seemes to be in a few of them.

Gene

On 10/03/2012 5:50 a.m., Brian's Mail list account BY wrote:
If you have these issues, you will not get them fixed by saying it here. You need to either see if a ticket exists for it or create one. It would be interesting to know if the people who have these issues have something common about their systems, a particular piece of software for example that might be the problem. Often one finds that anti virus or similar software can cause these issues. Also remember that Win 7 uses different code to xp for sound, so do system sounds stop also?
Maybe there is driver or sound hardware in common?

Brian

bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Goldfield" <dgoldfie@xxxxxxx>
To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 2:47 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Crashing or Losing speech

Hi.
I've noticed an odd problem both with NVDA 2012.1 beta 1 and beta 2 and it
somewhat reminds me of an issue which some of us ran into last year with
NVDA but which was fixed very nicely in 2011.3.
I'm using NVDA 2012.1 beta 2 on a windows 7, 32-bit machine.  Once in a
while, seemingly at random, NVDA stops talking. Pressing ctrl-alt-N always
restarts successfully.  I'm using both Espeak and the Microsoft speech
platform Zira Pro voice and it seems to happen with both of these synths. This does not happen at all on my older XP Pro machine at home. It seems to
happen the most as I'm arrowing through a web page with Firefox 10 but
that's only because that's a lot of what I do: it also crashed like this
when arrowing through a message in Outlook 2003. I can't seem to isolate what makes this happen and I'm wondering if anyone else has any ideas about
this or has possibly encountered this.
David

Use the following link with the code STOR-4NS3-DSCT to save 10% on Voices from nextup.com:

Use the following link with the code STOR-4NS3-DSCT to save 10% on Voices from nextup.com:

-----
No virus found in this message.

*You are just one click away from my evergrowing website http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~hurrikenny Also, a popular free screen reader (NVDA) is available from http://www.nvda-project.org *