[nvda] Re: NVDA And The News Music Archive

Hi,

I have just tested it out with both Mozilla and IE. I went to the following site: http://www.youtube.com/t/about It seems to work well with Mozilla Firefox (using Adobe Flash player 10 - which I just downloaded). I didn't actually realise that I needed the player to make it work (because in another screen reader it renders it different). However, I was able to use O for embedded object and tab to navigate it in Mozilla, and in IE I just tabbed until I found it.

Good work James and Michael! I will be passing the word on.

Gene NZ

On 4/10/2009 3:16 a.m., Trenton Matthews wrote:
K.
Feel free to look at that site thoug.
It is hover entertainning to listen to.
By the way, even though i have firefox 3.5 on here, gonna upgrade to the beta of 3.6.
I'm using flash 10 for both firefox and IE 8.0.
I will use the left mouse idea there in IE too, although yes flash is better with firefox currently.

On 10/3/2009 7:28, HermannBender1@xxxxxx wrote:
On 03.10.2009 at 04:24:27 Trenton Matthews<trenton.tmantv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
Now to listen to the music, flash is required.
So, in firefox, pressing o will take you to the object, and it will
say clickible object, however pressing enter don't do anything. You
have to press NVDA+space, then tab 1 or two times, then press space to
play the music.
Read Marco Zehe's site, posted by me a few hours before.
You must keep in mind, that the embedded object does not get focus, so
just tab around and you should hear the names of some buttons.
If not, try to click the embedded object by Numpad+Slash.
Tested it (not with this site), and in most cases it works.
Note: You need FF 3.5.x, 3.6.beta or the latest nightly builts and the
latest Flash player.
Couldn't get such sites to work in IE too, but perhaps this feature
doesn't work there, or you have to update your Flash player.
In addition: Make sure that Java script is permitted.
Hermann

18:34:00