[nvda] Re: Google Chrome still not accessible after almost two years

hmmm why bother.
ie6 and for those that use 8 its accessible enough.
who cares about google.
At 09:18 a.m. 11/06/2010, you wrote:
Hey list,

Just figured I'd let you know if anybody was starting to feel positive
about Google Chrome. Still blandly inaccessible. They say that they
use MSAA for screen readers, and yet the menus hardly read. With JFW
only links are announced. Obviously I reported all this to Google, but
who knows till I get a response.
I urge you, complain to Google that they need to make their browser
accessible. It's a right, NOT some dressing for an application. It's
standard and should be treated thus. On this topic, has anybody gotten
pages to read with NVDA in Chrome?
PS: while you're at it, shoot some info to Opera devels and explain
the position of that browser, since they're pretty much at the same
situation. Actually, Opera's a bit better off. At least things
announce when you tab through a page...
I hope I'm not coming off as too snarky but accessibility has been not
been taken seriously enough by some companies and I'm going to change
that.

alex
Remember that open source software is community supported! Please donate if you can because even a little can help a lot:
http://nvdasd.webra-system.sk/
NVDA with display hooks:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/display%20model%20snapshots.zip