[nvda] Re: Good Speech Synths to Use

I greatly prefer eSpeak, especially since it's free and open source just
like NVDA and is quite clear and easy to understand if you can
understand British English. Sorry, there's no US English voice for
eSpeak yet. If I can figure out the espeakedit program I may try to make
one, but I can't make any guarantees.

Also, I have sent a request to the list and it is being tracked in the
ticket system to have an eSpeak driver for NVDA that will allow one to
use eSpeak without registering it as a SAPI5 voice. This should allow
people to unzip eSpeak onto their thumb drives so that they don't have
to listen to Microsoft Sam or worry about whether they are running on
2000 or XP, since 2000 has no SAPI5 voice installed by default and so
NVDA has to be reconfigured to use SAPI4 voices before plugging into
Windows 2000.