[nvda] Re: Evolution Mail and nvda.

Yeah, I know it's not being run under an emulator, was just making a comparison.

WOuld be cool if gtk apps could be accessible.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Geoff Shang" <geoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 6:14 PM
Subject: [nvda] Re: Evolution Mail and nvda.

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Derek Roberts wrote:

As I told kevin, keep in mind thta this is a linux program, written for a different OS and the interface is different. The same will happen if you try running a windows program on Linux under wine or a similar windows program loading thing.

Actually this isn't correct. Evolution for Windows is a native Windows application, it's not being run under an emulator or equivalent.

The problem is that the Windows versionof the graphical toolkit which it uses is not accessible.

I thought I heard at one stage that there were steps being taken to make GTK accessible under Windows, but I've not heard much on this lately (perhaps Mick and Jamie know more). This would be a great step forward IMHO as it would mean that cross-platform aps could be accessible without having to do different things for different platforms.

Geoff.