[nvda] Re: Error generating translation file

Hi Cleverson,

It looks like that file contains a strange character (probably a charset signifier) right at the start which is causing msgfmt to choke. What charset are you using to save that file? If you don't know, what program are you using and do you happen to know what charset PT-BR uses natively (non-Unicode)? I don't think that is a UTF-8 encoded file. msgfmt does have support for non-UTF-8 charsets, but you need to specify the charset in the charset parameter.

Jamie

Cleverson wrote:
Hello,

I generated a file called messages.pot, containing all NVDA messages for me to translate them to Brazilian Portuguese. For generating this, I commanded while at the source directory:
pygettext.py *.py *\*.py

Then I translated the messages, but I'm not sure I modified the file correctly. After then I renamed the file to messages.po and tryed to generate a messages.mo binary file commanding
msgfmt.py messages

But it returned me the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\source\msgfmt.py", line 203, in <module>
main()
File "C:\source\msgfmt.py", line 199, in main
make(filename, outfile)
File "C:\source\msgfmt.py", line 151, in make
l = eval(l)
File "<string>", line 1
# ACESSO NÃfO VISUAL AO AMBIENTE DE TRABALHO.
^
SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing
C:\source>

Follows attached my messages.po file. If someone have an idea how can I solve this, thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,
Cleverson

Email: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW: http://www.jantrid.net/
MSN Messenger: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jabber: jteh@xxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo: jcs_teh
To unsubscribe from the list send a blank message to:
nvda-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.kulgan.net/nvda/